Thursday, August 28, 2008

How the "Card Sketch A Day" blog began...

Everyone needs a story about how things began, no matter how embarrassing it is. You will not believe how this blog started. I was on vicodin for pain while hoping that I'd get better and not need surgery (minor procedure but major pain!). Turns out I'm slowly getting better but another episode will land me under the knife. So you could say that this blog concept started under my drugged induced haze. Not exactly something to be proud of but it is so worth it! I'm not on the pain medication anymore and thinking clearly. I even began a huge spreadsheet to organize everything which lead me to multiple exciting ideas for down the road which I am sure will please you!

I have been overwhelmed with support from friends and strangers (who are now friends!). The response to this blog has been
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !
Cards are trickling in and I am awed by the work ranging from simple yet beautiful, to utterly gorgeous, to thinking out of the box... you will see it all!

There will be some great eye candy coming your way starting September 1st! Join us as we take on this exciting adventure together!

Hugs,
Susan

p.s. Special shout out to the amazing Annette Graham (she is working on 7 sketches!) and ROCKIN' Melita Chow (who is sending some more ROCKIN' friends to the site) THANKS for helping out in a big way girls!