Saturday, January 10, 2009

~Card Sketch A Day~#132 Saturday Spotlight

~Card Sketch A Day~ #132
Photobucket

Our Saturday Spotlight for this weekend is Aileen Ablog!

Card created by Aileen Ablog
Photobucket

Card created by Aileen Ablog
Photobucket

Let's meet Aileen Ablog!
Photobucket
I'm a chemist by day and for the last 8 years have also been involved with direct selling on many levels so I haven't had the time to even think about cards. This past summer I wanted to try my hand at something I had done on a casual basis, threw the creative side into it and am loving it!
The answers to your questions are below:

How long have you been cardmaking?
I've been cardmaking for the past 4 years or so now just following recipes and CASEing cards that my card CTMH consultant would come up with. But since this past July, I've been breaking out of my comfort zone and trying new things. I've been coming up with my own designs using card sketches.


How many cards do you make a month?
Since July (as my past card experience was far a few between) and depending on the challenges, I've made anywhere from 2 to 9 in a week! I wouldn't want to know how many I'd make in a month! :D

What occasion is your favorite to make cards for?
I love Christmas! You can bring out the decadence and embellishments to your hearts content!

What embellishment do you mostly use for your cards?
That's a toughie as it depends on the card, each has it's own "personality" and requires...
My top 3 in no particular order would be:
-Glitter (in any form ie. Stickles, sakura pen, shimmerz...)
-Peggy's Pretties (not because I know the owner but they're a great embellishment!)
-Embossing whether it's dry using a Cuttlebug or using Heat

How did you find out about the ~Card Sketch A Day~ blog?
My dear friend Peggy told me to check it out.

Would you like to give a shout out to a website?
Please come by and visit. http://spikescreativeside.wordpress.com/

Check back tomorrow for the Sunday Switcharoo! Aileen Ablog our featured Saturday Spotlight made an original card design and I created a sketch off of her work! We switched!